A Friend After 50 Years

A record of one journey into a peculiar type of Quaker Christianity, and a bit of silliness to boot.

Name:
Location: Arkansas

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Experience God Through Meditation

I found this interview very interesting. What I like about it is that a lot of things many of us have ventured off to other traditions and teachings to find is actually at the heart of our own "western"/middle-eastern derived tradition as well. I like that. I like the feeling that we are not strangers to these truths who have to go on exotic jaunts to find them. I do feel blessed to have had access to other traditions and do not wish to close myself off to their wisdom, -- I don't experience religion as a competitive sport -- but it feels like a homecoming to me to find the seeds of truth in my own heritage.

Experiencing God Through Meditation
Former Trappist monk James Finley talks about the spiritual benefits of contemplative practice for Christians.

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/150/story_15042_1.html

'What can I do?' - SiCKO